How to Disable or Turn off Antivirus
For disabling the antivirus, you need to tap on its icon from the notification area on the taskbar, available on the lower right corner on the desktop. Right click on the icon and select the ‘disable or exit the program’ from the options drop-down. In this blog, you will read about how to disable or turn off different antivirus on your computer system. You can also get in touch with our experts if you need any assistance for the process.
Follow the directions for deactivating the antivirus software temporarily:
- Right click on the AVG antivirus icon available next to the clock on the system tray.
- Tap on ‘Temporarily disable AVG protection’
- Select for how long you would like to disable the protection as well as whether you want to disable the firewall. Then tap on ‘OK’.
- Double click on McAfee icon with a red shield from the system tray available on the lower right side of the desktop.
- Tap on ‘Real-Time Scanning’ option available at the Window’s top beneath the green banner.
- Disable the Real-Time Scanning option once you click on the button.
- You can decide till how long you want it disabled.
- Tap on the small triangle icon from the Windows taskbar for accessing the notification area.
- Select the ‘Avast shields control’
- Once you have chosen the option, you will be asked to confirm the same.
Here you can find each and every step to Disable Avast Antivirus
- Click on the small triangle option on the Windows taskbar for opening the notification area. Right tap on the Norton antivirus icon to go through the security suite related options.
- Click on ‘Disable Smart firewall’ for temporarily deactivating the firewall.
If you want to permanently remove or uninstall the software, click on to learn the process to Uninstall Norton Antivirus.
- Access the Kaspersky antivirus on your system.
- Tap on ‘Settings’ available at the bottom of the application’s window.
- If your program is password protected then go to ‘Settings’ and enter the password. Choose ‘Save password for current session’ checkbox. Tap on ‘Continue’
- Go to ‘General’ section from the ‘Settings’ Disable the button to the ‘Protection’ section.
- Press Windows key on the keyboard.
- In the Start Search box enter ‘msconfig’ and then tap ‘Enter’. Choose ‘Continue’ if you see User Account Control window appearing. Let the System Configuration Utility load.
- Choose the ‘Startup’ Unmark the checkbox available next to Avira beneath ‘Startup Items’. Tap on ‘Apply’ and then select ‘OK’.
- Delete all the residual files of Avira
- Then Reboot the system and it will deactivate the antivirus program.
For Trend Micro:
- Double tap on the Trend Micro icon available in the system tray.
- Tap on the ‘Virus & Spyware Controls’
- Click on the ‘ON’ You will see ‘Protection against Viruses & Spyware’ disabling.
- Click on the ‘Personal Firewall Controls’ for turning of the firewall.
- Tap on the ‘ON’ button and personal firewall will be turned off.
- Double click on the oval red Bitdefender antivirus icon from the taskbar’s notification area for accessing the program’s window.
- Tap on the ‘Options’ available on the upper right corner of the window. Choose ‘Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘ON’ button available next to ‘Antivirus’ and ‘Vulnerability Scan’ for setting every switch to ‘Off’ Select the ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button for deactivating the antivirus real-time protection as well as virus scanner.
So, above steps will help you in deactivating the security software temporarily on your device.
For further assistance, get in touch with experts by dialing our Antivirus Support Number 1-800-764-852. You can reach us anytime as we are here to help you round the clock. Reach our experienced team of experts and technicians via email or live chat as well.